Thursday, January 19, 2012

Better late than never

I'm so proud of myself today. I had planned to wake up early, get to the gym before my swim, and then swim. Well I failed at waking up early. So I went swimming first and decided to go to the gym after the swim. Today I swam 3600 yards. Worked on pulling and breaststroke intervals. After my swim I spent about an hour and a half at the gym working on weights, core, and cardio. My weight training consisted of 5 pound dumbbells and easy weighted machines. I'm pretty weak so I only set the weight to what I can comfortably handle. For core I did sit up variations and bon bons with a medicine ball. Added squats too. For my cardio work I spent 10 minutes on each machine: treadmill, stair master, cycling, and elliptical. I don't know if it's just me, or maybe I'm doing it wrong, but the elliptical never really makes me feel worked. I raise the resistance but I feel like I just bounce around and slightly sweat. I don't know? Today was also successful diet-wise. Had 1 poptart for breakfast, 2 ritz crackers for snack, and a sandwich and orange for my post workout meal. Only drank water. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. I think learning how to swim will be on my bucket list...I can tread water and doggy paddle but i want to take a swimming class! Everyone raves about the cardio you get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Yes you should do it. I took a swim class while I was in community college and from there I just loved it! I went on to compete and meet lots of people. It is definitely one of the best workouts. It makes you work hard but is easy on your body since you are in water, not like running where you're hitting the ground constantly.

    ReplyDelete