Monday, March 19, 2012

LA Marathon support

Yesterday was an inspiring day! I knew a couple of people running the LA Marathon and went out to support. This is the first full marathon that I have ever been to. I've seen them on TV and plan to run one some day soon, but never actually been there in person. It was so great. You'd think after cheering for random strangers after a half hour you'd get bored, but to me I don't. Most of the runners had their name on their number bib. I think it's so great to be running a hard race like that, be exhausted, and then hear your name called. I tried to call out every name that I saw. I stood out by mile 15 with a few friends from a triathlon club I'm in and cheered for all the runners for about 3 hours. We were looking for three fellow club members, Victor, Ralph, and Rolo. Luckily we saw all of them! Victor is a beast and finished the marathon in about 3 hours 20 minutes. Rolo and Ralph came by together and both finished. I'm so proud of them! Makes me really want to do one.

Last year I achieved my goal of running a half marathon and I was planning to attempt a full one this year. I think it may have to wait until next year. Races are expensive and I've really been trying to save up my money now that I'm out of school and deciding what to do next. Aw man I'm so inspired. My workouts have been lagging lately. I ended up getting sick last week and when that happens I get taken out for like a week. Tomorrow though I will get back at it with a swim! Congrats to all the marathon runners! You guys are so inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment