Friday, April 20, 2012

Long Beach Cyclists

This week I met up with a group of cyclists from Long Beach. They train for the Aids life ride from San Francisco to LA every year in June. While I do not plan to do that ride this year I will continue to ride with them. They have group rides once a week. I need stability in my training regime. They were all very nice too. I'm so happy I found this group. I'm used to riding on bike paths and continuously. This group rides a lot of city streets, so they are very safety conscious. I almost fell off my bike once because I'm not used to stopping so much and putting my foot onto the ground at a stop. Lol I looked like a novice. But I kinda am still so I guess it's ok. I told them I do triathlons and they thought that was really hard so I must be fast. HA! I suck on the bike, that's why I want to ride with them, so that I'll get better. Anyway the route was great! We were still riding when it was dark and we ended with some tough hills. The view from the top of the hill at night was spectacular. You could see all the city lights from miles around. I want to go back there and take pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for groups like this! It has gotten me out running plenty of times when I'd rather just do an easy treadmill run, or, hell, sit on the couch! Sounds like an amazing site!

    ReplyDelete